"The investigation of nature is an infinite pasture-ground
where all may graze, and where the more bite,
the longer the grass grows, the sweeter is its flavor,
and the more it nourishes."
PROFESSIONAL PASTURE SERVICES
|Since 2004, TerrawoRx Services™ has been providing pasture seeding and grassland repair in New Mexico. We understand the challenges you face in maintaining a healthy stand of thick, lush, and green grass for your livestock. Let us help you create or fix your grazing needs!
For professional pasture seeding and grassland repair, call TerrawoRx Services™ at 505.321.3717 today or Contact us to set an appointment.
TerrawoRx Services™: Turning BROWN to GREEN™
COMMON PASTURE PROBLEMS:
FACTORS FOR SUCCESSFUL PASTURE
|Tips for a Successful Grazing Program
- Eliminate continuous season long grazing.
- Corral livestock and feed them hay/pellets until your pasture grasses are 6" to 8" high. Remove animals when 50% of the avaliable forage has been eaten (3" remain).
- Do not regraze until grasses are at least 6" tall (will take 3 to 4 weeks on irrigated pasture).
- During the winter non-grazing period, hold animals in a corral.
- Allow long rest periods to rejuvenate pastures in poor conditions.
- Provide a water source for each pasture.
- Irrigate eash pasture immediately after grazing to stimulate regrowth and avoid hoof compaction on wet soils.
- Horses do not need continuous access to pasture. Their nutritional needs can be met with only a few housrs of grazing on a good pasture. Corrall animals for the remainder of the day to preven over grazing of plants and avoid excess trampling of vegetation.
- On limited acreage, you may have only enough pasture to exercise your animals and will need to feed year-round.
WHAT A PASTURE SHOULD BE
LEAVE A REPLY:
|Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
LIKE US !